Updated: July 2, 2021
Campus Legends is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy sets out how we collect and process personal information about you when you use the Platform, or when you otherwise do business or contact us.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect data to enable us to operate the Platform effectively, and to provide you with the best experience on the Platform. You provide some of this data to us directly, such as when you register to use the Platform, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, make an inquiry through our website, contact us for support, or contact us as a prospective user, vendor, supplier, or consultant. We get some of your data by recording how you interact with the Platform by, for example, using technologies like cookies. We also obtain and process data in the context of making the Platform available to you.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But, if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to enable us to make the Platform available to you, you may not be able to sign up for or use the Platform. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Platform and the choices you make (including your privacy settings). The data we collect can include the following:
Email and Electronic Wallet Address. We may collect your email address and your electronic wallet address.
- Device and Usage information. We may collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Campus Legends and our Platform. For example, we may collect your interactions on our website, your feature usage patterns, location data, and your interactions with us. We may also collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our Platform; this may include data such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, and referring URLs.
2. What do we use your information for?
We use the data we collect to operate our business and to make the Platform available to you. This includes using the data to improve our Platform and to personalize your experiences. We may also use the data to communicate with you to, among other things, inform you about your account, provide security updates, and give you information about the Platform. We may also use the data to manage your email subscriptions, improve the relevance and security of our website, respond to user inquiries, and send you periodic marketing communications about our Platform.
We use data to provide the Platform to you, to improve the Platform, and to perform essential business operations. This includes operating the Platform, maintaining and improving the performance of the Platform, developing new features, conducting research, providing customer support, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Service. Examples of such uses include the following:
Providing the Platform. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to make the Platform available to you. In certain cases, the Platform may include personalized features and recommendations to enhance your enjoyment, and automatically tailor your experience based on the data we have about you.
Technical support. We use data to diagnose problems, and to provide customer care and other support services.
Improving the Platform. We use data to continually improve the Platform, including system administration, system security, and adding new features or capabilities.
Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analyses and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
Promotions. We may use your data to administer contests, promotions, surveys, or other site features.
Improving Advertising Campaigns. We may use your data to improve our advertising campaigns, primarily in an effort to prevent targeting you with advertisements that are not relevant to you.
Sending Periodic Emails. We may use your data to send you periodic emails. Depending on the marketing preferences you select on your privacy dashboard, we may send you occasional marketing emails about our Platform, which you can unsubscribe from at any time using the link provided in the message.
- Communications. We use data we collect to communicate with you, and to personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you to discuss your account, to remind you about features of the Platform that are available for your use, to update you about a support request, or to invite you to participate in a survey. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions, and choose whether you want to receive marketing communications from us.
3. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures, including encryption, to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
4. How do we ensure that our processing systems remain confidential, resilient, and available?
We implement a variety of measures to ensure that our processing systems remain confidential, resilient, and available. Specifically, we have implemented processes to help ensure high availability, business continuity, and prompt disaster recovery. We commit to maintaining strong physical and logical access controls, and conduct regular penetration testing to identify and address potential vulnerabilities.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can choose to disable cookies, but if you do, your ability to use or access certain parts of the Platform may be affected.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you choose to disable cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
6. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell or trade your personal information to third parties. We only share your personal data with your consent, or as necessary to make the Platform available to you. We also share your data with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security and integrity of our Platform; and to protect our rights or our property.
7. How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
You can view, access, edit, delete, or request a copy of your personal data for many aspects of the Platform via a support request. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. You can always choose whether you want to receive marketing communications from us. You can also opt out from receiving marketing communications from us by using the opt-out link on the communication, or by visiting your user profile page dashboard.
Data Request. You can request a copy of your personal data by submitting an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and including “Please send me a copy of my personal data” in the “Subject” line. We will verify your ability to access that email, then send you a digital export of the data we hold that is associated with your email address. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days of our receipt of verification of the request. Campus Legends may be limited in its ability to send certain personal data to you (e.g., the identification of your electronic wallet).
Data Erasure. You may request that Campus Legends delete your personal data by submitting an email to us at email@example.com and including “Please delete my personal data” in the “Subject” line. Campus Legends will verify your ability to access that email, then delete the personal data associated with your email address. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days of our receipt of verification of the request.
Data Correction. You can modify your personal data via your account’s user profile page dashboard. Note that since some of the data we collect is specific to you – for example, your electronic wallet address – you may not be able to modify this data without needing to create a new user profile.
- Your Communications Preferences. You can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you receive marketing communications from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that communication. You can also make choices about your receipt of marketing communications by signing into your account, and viewing and managing your communication permissions in your account’s user profile page dashboard, where you can update contact information, manage your contact preferences, opt out of email subscriptions, and choose whether to share your contact information with Campus Legends and our partners. Alternatively, you can request that we withdraw your consent to use your personal data by submitting an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and including “Please withdraw my consent for marketing communications” in the “Subject” line. Campus Legends will verify your ability to access that email, then update our systems to remove your email address from the system we use to send marketing communications. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days of our receipt of verification of the request. Please note that these choices do not apply to mandatory communications that are part of the Platform, or to surveys or other informational communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
8. Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website or through our Platform. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
9. Where we Store and Process Personal Data; International Transfers
Personal data collected by Campus Legends will be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country where Campus Legends or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance, and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect is processed according to the provisions of this Policy and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
10. Data Retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to make the Platform available to you, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different types of data, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria we use to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the personal data needed to make the Platform available to you and/or operate our business? This includes such things such as maintaining and improving the performance of the Platform, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Is there an automated control, such as in your user dashboard, that enables you to access and delete the personal data at any time? If there is not, a shortened data retention time will generally be adopted.
- Is the personal data of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
- Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain the data in accordance with your consent.
- Is Campus Legends subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
We will update this Policy when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes to our Platform. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the Policy or in how we will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by sending you a notification directly. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how we are protecting your information.
12. How to Contact Us
If you have a technical or support question, or if you have a privacy concern, complaint or question, please email us at email@example.com. We will respond within 30 days.