The Full Stack Engineer for Digital Collectibles has day-to-day responsibility for delivering unique products and online experiences that fulfill the Campus Legends mission; to support collegiate athletes both past & present.
The position manages the product life cycle for back-end services and integrations, and drives functional product development with the input of colleagues in Engineering, and Marketing. This role relies on collaboration with the cross-functional teams to gain market, competitive, and constituent insights as well as to define, document, and communicate requirements, and functionality.
Key to success in this role is researching, innovating, and inspiring viable new product development strategies, and executing up to product releases and beyond.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to lead our engineering initiatives for delivering digital collectibles focused on collegiate sports. You will be responsible for growing our existing platform capabilities that we deliver on behalf of our various university partners. Together with leaders from other departments, you will enrich our platform and app with new capabilities, features, scalability, and robustness..
It’s a benefit if you possess a passion for sports, the burgeoning world of NFTs and Digital Collectibles, and a compelling need to bring your product visions to life. You are enthusiastic, eager to operate complex tasks and able to think outside the box. You desire collaboration with an energetic team to invent new and innovative products, along with new ways to excite and engage sports fans and collectors.
Our key stakeholders including universities, teams, athletes, influencers and the member community itself will look to you to provide an engaging experience, a stable trading platform & economy, and a frictionless customer experience.
About Campus Legends:
Campus Legends is a community and marketplace for officially licensed collegiate digital collectibles that connects fans to athletes and universities. Our in-app social media platform gives you the ability to dynamically interact with fellow collectors while also allowing you to stay connected to your favorite athletes or university. Our marketplace brings blockchain technology to the world of college sports. Through our marketplace, members can buy and sell officially licensed digital collectibles for collegiate athletes; both today’s rising stars and legends of years past.
At Campus Legends you will be surrounded and supported by some of the brightest minds in the field. Our hierarchies are flat and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision making allows us to create products which shape and define the nature of this rapidly evolving market. We place the highest priority on team chemistry and teamwork above all else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
Campus Legends provides a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance your skills. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
If this sounds like you please reach out with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Legends is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
- Support the development an ecommerce platform for NCAA Sports Digital Collectibles (NFTs)
- Work on a small agile team of software engineers and product managers
- Gather and break down requirements into engineering tasks, provide realistic development estimates, and update team + management with ongoing progress towards those deliverables
- Develop well structured code with good unit test coverage
- Serve as a technical lead on specific features, integrations, or project tasks
- 5+ years of experience developing highly scalable, secure, and reliable internet applications
- Has delivered a completed product to market, in a full lifecycle from feature conceptualization, to release, to maintenance support.
- Experience building and deploying software cloud applications on AWS or similar platform
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably Couchbase
- Familiarity with the design and functionality of Apache Kafka, Flink, and/or Spark strongly preferred
Strong familiarity with Go at a minimum, deployed application expertise strongly preferred.
Experience building applications with Node and Express
- Experience testing your code through unit testing and automation
- Experience integrating services with the Shopify ecommerce platform given preference, though not required.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with wireframing, documenting,, and presenting your designs & concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, or a related field
- Adept at conceptualizing optimal approaches to feature requests and integration approaches, and communicating those to colleagues and management.
- Strong emphasis on thorough instrumentation of your code, along with robust error-handling techniques.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication/presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Deep understanding of how to connect blockchain enabled technologies to social good, new products to launch, and continuous growth and iteration
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with the willingness, courage and conviction to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to work in a highly independent environment, and deliver to deadlines with consistency
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and self-managerial skills, including experience with current online collaboration platforms & tools.
- Outstanding interpersonal soft skills.